Move Summit returns for 2018
We are officially announcing Move Summit will return 2018! Interference Pattern wanted to create this cosmopolitan animation festival to celebrate and stimulate innovation, collaboration and international outlook in the industry. The vision became a reality, as Move was wholeheartedly adopted by the community from Inverness to London, and gained valuable industry support. Thank you for the requests for Move 2018, do you want to help this event become bigger and better next year? Join us as …..
- an event team member – see recruitment roles below
- a delegate – sign up for updates on our website, follow/join us on Twitter and Facebook
- a speaker, recruiter or exhibitor – please contact jaynec at interferencepattern dot com
- an a industry supporter, please contact Jaynec at interferencepattern.com – and join confirmed 2018 supporters Axis Animation, Soluis, Whitespace, Heehaw, and Animation Centrifuge.
Move 2018 event team
So revealing the event team line up for 2018 (and also who was also at helm in 2017):
- Move Summit Director – Jayne Coulthard (Interference Pattern)
- Move Late Director – Holly May Ward (Vision Events)
- Move Design Director – Denis Mallon (Freelancer)
- Move International Communications Director – Brian Baglow (Digit)
- Move Social Media Manager – Lynsey Wight (Freelancer)
- Social Media Support – Adele Khawli – (Axis Animation)
- Move Event Production Co-ordinator & Exhibitions Curator – Eloise Coveny (Freelancer)
- Move Volunteer Co-ordinator – Jo Green (Freelancer)
- Move Summit – Emerging Talent Host – Erik Ravaglia (freelancer)
- Move Official/Finance Director – Tom Bryant (Interference Pattern)
With the tremendous addition for Move Summit 2018:
- Emerging Talent Curator – Caroline Parkinson (Interface-Online)
- Professional Talent Curator – Sharon Campbell (Duncan of Jordanstone)
We are looking to recruit for these volunteer roles to join our team, if you wish to apply, please describe any relevant experience and more importantly your passion to be involved by emailing info at movesummit.co dot uk
- Event Manager (Move Summit)
- Sales, Tickets & Registration Co-ordinator
- Recruitment Hub Co-ordinator
- Hospitality Co-ordinator
- Move Summit, or Move Late volunteers
- Social Media support
Move Summit – Top 10 Tweets
We totally agree with Animation Garden that ‘a tweet can never do justice to the significance and impact of Move Summit’! But what a terrific amount of positive tweets we received, so we’ve had a tough time to narrow it down this snapshot reflection of the day …
- Denis Mallon‘ With the dawn of every medium comes new players, new rules’: Dennis of Dennis and Debbie Club talks
#VR on the #MoveSummit panel
- Deo Georgiev Had the most awesome day at the Move_Summit! Super inspirational talks+very useful feedback on my portfolio by Jon Beeston @Axis
- Drew Gibson A highlight… Question: Why was it shot bluescreen and not greenscreen? Answer: Because its the jungle #MoveSummit
- Richard Slaney If you were at @Move_Summit and excited about projecting on random objects then send your reel to jobs @59productions dot co dot uk
- Christina Giannakou #movesummit Takeaway advice from @Move_Summit student morning: Work hard & don’t be a dick #movesummit
- Animation Garden Virtual Reality/Games panel Move_Summit Well done! Finally Scotland’s Games & Animation sector under one roof!
- Emily Dodd Brilliant day learning about VR & AR & 360 film & projecting onto strange surfaces & dawn of war characters.
- Fraser Reid Had a brilliant day at #MoveSummit Brilliant show of talent in Scotland.
- Peter Greeves Insights achieved! Keep an eye on this one for 2018. My highlights Axis, Red Knuckles, MPC & Soluis.
- With full attendance during #StormDorris , Lee Greatorex and Doug Larmour from MPC won a Move Spirit Award for perseverance in getting to us, and soon after won an Oscar Academy Award! Lee tweeted: ‘Really good evening with the Move_Summit folks. Glad we finally made it there! Hope people found the talk useful!’
5 Move Summit Exclusives
- We were hands on with new Dehumaniser Live game audio/VR Krotos product
- New version of Buzludzha VR (see Manny from Escape Studios enjoying this in the photo above)
- Nothing to Declare animated short film team shared a preview of their collaborative film (for which our Tom Bryant is technical director). See the full premiere at EIFF
- Unstable Creations created a captivating custom-made projection for Move Late networking.
- DeuXality with Movement Music Mixed Reality DJ at Move Late wowed with real-time depth of field wall projection which was live streamed, a world first!
5 Move News and Reviews
- Move Summit was featured in the Scotsman
- All Media Scotland summed up the success of Move.
- In their blog Axis Animation declared it was: “fantastic to hear from so many talented, young students eager to pursue a career in the creative industries and develop their skills”.
- Peter Rodgers at Realise who shared in his blog “Move Summit was certainly a source of inspiration and showcased the risks and rewards of being on the cutting edge”.
- Facebook review by Iain MacArthur “Everyone I met was charged with excitement and people were networking and chatting like at all good events. The quality of speakers and work being showcased was top notch and the opportunity for students to get feedback on work was greatly appreciated.”